February 9, 2008

Tag

I have been thrust into a game of 'blog tag' courtesy of James Mac.  

The rules of the blog tag are this: 1. Pick up the nearest book; 2. Turn to page 123; 3. Post the 6th, 7th & 8th sentences on your blog.

Now I must admit I have just put down 'Destined to Reign' by Joseph Prince, but after turning to page 123 and checking sentences 6,7&8 I have decided to pick a different book.  The three sentences were six words, seven words and eight words in length respectively (which in itself is a cool coincidence!), but that's far too small - I feel ripped off!

In its place the excerpt comes from another book I'm currently reading, 'Spiritual Leadership' by J. Oswald Sanders:

The bracing lesson is that God delights to shut people up to Himself and then, in response to their trust, display his power and grace in doing the impossible.  
In the evangelization of inland China, Hudson Taylor often found himself face to face with such situations.  As a result of his experience he used to say that there were three phases in most great tasks undertaken for God - impossible, difficult, DONE.  

Although I've fulfilled my obligations with this tag, let it be made very clear that I did not create a blog to participate in frivolous cyber games, as they're a waste of time.

Have to go...Meeting someone on 2nd Life. 

2 comments:

Mick Kerr said...

oi mista... you've yet to tag people to pass the game on!

James Macpherson said...

Too busy enhancing his avator in Second Life Mick!