March 17, 2008

Little by Little

Last week I asked God for a congregation of 300 people in Kings Noosa; yesterday there was 129 people.

Why didn't we have 300?

Exodus 23:30 says, "Little by little I will drive them out from before you, until you have increased, and you inherit the land."

Why is it that God doesn't always give us the things we ask, when we ask? Why is it that things don't always eventuate according to our intended timeframe?

Perhaps God is trying to tell us that our personal increase is more important than our promised inheritance? To receive all of our dreams without the process of development would be detrimental to us. God loves us too much to answer some of our prayers immediately.

The application. While I firmly hold onto God's great promises for my future, I commit to a daily discipline of excellence in the little things. Little by little I increase. Increase develops me for my inheritance.

Artie Shepherd has a great message on the thought of 'Little by Little'. Artie is one of the key team members at Kings, leading the fast growing Empire Youth & Young Adults ministry. A long-time skeptic of bloggers, Artie has succumbed and created his own blog. Artie, perhaps the message could be a blog post in the near future? Check out his blog here.

No comments: