August 12, 2008

Burning Your Plastic Jesus

Mark Driscoll is the founding and preaching pastor at Mars Hill Church in Seattle, USA. Driscoll is speaking in various locations in Australia in August, his key theme entitled 'Burning Your Plastic Jesus'.

I loved this quote from Driscoll in explanation of his message:

“In Revelation, Jesus is a prize fighter with a tattoo down His leg, a sword in His hand and the commitment to make someone bleed. That is a guy I can worship. I cannot worship the hippie, diaper, halo Christ because I cannot worship a guy I can beat up. I fear some are becoming more cultural than Christian, and without a big Jesus who has authority and hates sin as revealed in the Bible, we will have less and less Christians, and more and more confused, spiritually self-righteous blogger critics of Christianity”.


No comments: